Red Ginger Spices!
Berbere (Ethiopian Red Pepper) is my absolute favorite spice.
How do I use it?
- I use it anywhere I would use red pepper.
- I use it to season my meats. It is a spectacular addition to any meat rub.
- I use a pinch of it in my spaghetti sauce.
- I use a pinch of it in my macaroni and cheese.
- And I use it as a side dipping sauce.
- This is also referred to as awaze sauce
- take 2 tablespoons of berbere
- add 4 tablespoons of high quality olive oil
- add a teaspoon of water
- set in a small bowl as a condiment to any meal. Especially good with meats.